Thursday, March 29, 2007

Advanced Writing course makes me cry

" Forced obsolescence is a strategy that manufacturers use to limit the useful life of some consumer products in order to increase sales. Some commentators complain that this practice resluts in a waste of resources. What they do not understand is that by shortening the life cycle of products manufacturers are able to both improve them and lower the cost to the consumer

Which statement do you find more convincing, that forced obsolescence wastes resources or that it benefits consumers? State your position using relevant reasons from our own experience, observation, or reading."

Can't believe this is the topic I have to write about.After reading it, the first thing I did was just take a sigh and look at Nut who 's taking this class with me. I read it more than 3 times but I still didn't get what it meant.The tutor said that this test was from GMAT test which was way way harder than TOEFL especially the vocabulary. Therefore, we had to follow the first procedure of writing-Brainstorming. We had 40 minutes to write.
I'm a bit not sure that I have made the right choice choosing Advanced Course.It's very tough and competitive owing to it's the advance and most of the students are working ,already finished the bachaelor degree. Anyway, who knew maybe this course can improve my writing skill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too hard for me.
Fight na ja!

Anonymous said...

er
At last, i know how to post da comments :)

Wanna cry too ar'..
Now i still have 3 homeworks left.
T-T
TOO HARD TO BE TRUE ar'..

But
Let's fight together!!!

MUAH!!